Ten of the Best Solo Games | Unmissable Board Games to Play by Yourself | Tabletop Gaming
Looking for some tabletop board games to play, but unable to get a crowd together? Don’t let that stop you! Here are ten of the best solo games.
Find the original list here:
Which games would you add to our list? Which are your favourites?
Find the original list here:
You can also find us at:
This is perfect for me considering i have no friends
Lord of the Rings: Living card game, Aeons End are two other great solo games
Great list. I noticed many were pretty heavy so wanted to give a shout to Hadrian’s Wall and Under Falling Skies for (relatively) quick mid-weight solo games.
I love Mage Knight solo. Such a great game!
Cheers for these recommendations! Am currently playing "Jaws Of The Lion" solo (two characters). Really digging it.
I love the magazine and am loving these videos. More people need to discover, subscribe and like! 😁
I have been playing several games with great solo versions lately. Anachrony, Trickerion, Terraforming Mars, Rococo, Architects of the West Kingdom, and Raiders of the North Sea. Whew… on to Gloomhaven & JOTL, and Mage Knight. Glad I found your channel.
7th continent inspired by choose your own adventure games you say? i shall have to check it out.
nice list – try champions of hara – awesome game.
Hostage negotiator – quick to set up and play.
One Deck Dungeon – so good in campaign mode as your heroes get stronger.
Elder sign – luck with things you can do about it.
ODD and ES have lots of support on BGG.
1. There are so many great solo wargames out there. One of my favorites is "Castle Itter: The Strangest Battle of WWII." It simulates a battle in Austria in May of 1945 in which a garrison of Wehrmacht soldiers guarding a castle in which French and Austrian political prisoners were incarcerated joined forces with some Americans to defend it against the Waffen SS for long enough for an American infantry battalion to arrive.
2. As for non wargames, I found that playing Teotihuacan: City of the Gods solo was quite fun.
Gloomhaven is not good solo. 7th Continent is ridiculously expensive and depressing. Shelf space is a factor so small boxes that pack a punch are preferred. Spirit Island: I just don't like the components, the board is ugly, the plastic pieces just bad.
TWOM would be outright traumatic for me. I get attached easily. I agree with your AH and Friday.
1. The Phantom the Card game is fantastic. Best game ever, with unlockables story and comic artwork. Plus I helped the kickstarter, and you get a perfect rulebook.
2. Dungeon Flee is the perfect dungeon crawler. Helped on that one as well, and it's absolutely great, immersive and again no dice. Simple, relaxing, almost autism-inducing kind of experience.
3. Maquis. I have the pnp version with maquisards, the meeples with special abilities version. Wow. Extremely immersive. Made a profound impression on me.
4. Shephy. This game is just so rich, it has a campaign and it is just cards. You can print the royalty free version and it's a-ma-zing. There's so much game there.
5. 7 wonders duel with the free to download official solo, cleopatra kicked my ass. Takes 7WD to the next level.
6. Tzolk’in AI (Calendrobo) is just 3 pages of AI rules and it blew me away. Totally recommend.
7. other, older solo games are Warhammer quest ACG, that one just oozes with lore and theme. Because playing 2h is too hard however doesn't hit the table, but I would recommend with 1 less explore required and 1 less enemy spawn. Then it's great.
8. Diceborn Heoes – it has also a memory aspect, bosses you defeated help you in later questlines. Quick setup, effiicent box, you can save/load inbetween quests or inbetween questlines.
9. Forests vof Adrimon: the setup alone is a joy to behold. There is just so much love and passion put into every component of the game! Frankly I haven't finished any 1 session so it doesn't really count but I love the box.
10. Palm island perhaps too light at home, but on commuting very addictive. And you get to unlock cards and tick off cute check boxes. Played the pnp version to death.
There are so many great solo games…
next project: One deck dungeon with the 1.8 rules, while I await Ausonia, Zerywia and Isofarian.
I also backed
Great topic, great video. You deserve more subscribers! Shared 🙂
Tetrarchia by Miguel Markez
Yawn! Nothing different or new about the list. Same games that appear is most lists.
Always nice to see Arkham Horror LCG on these lists.
Only just discovered your channel and your videos are exactly what I needed! My buddies and I can't play together much anymore so I've been on the hunt. Some of the games you mentioned I'd heard about before and was curious, but I had no idea it could be done solo. I will echo what you said the sheer delight that is Arkham Horror. It's big fun! I'm definitely looking into Mage Knight. Thanks for these videos! Liked, subscribed and shared.
Had to give a dislike because nothing was shown other than the cover of the board game. Id love to see the pieces and and actual board
This channel is really underrated
you nailed it!
Have you tried Hostage Negotiator by Van Ryder Games? It's my top solo title at the moment.
Good list. Many of the classics, but nothing wrong with that. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend Dawn of the Zeds. Great solo experience with many different levels of play to suit your style/depth you’re looking for.
Under falling skies might be the best game I've ever played, and it's a solo game
Very pleasant voice 👌
Great list. Though I’ve seen it before, I just come back for the British accent.😆
For all these board games, which one are your top 3 favourites?
I bought Now That's Clever! yesterday from Amazon. Looking forward to immersing myself in that one.
Great list thanks. I had no idea board games could be played solo. I don't really have anyone to play with and I've been playing a bit too many video games so I wanted to try something new.
You have a great future on Youtube. Great content, beautiful, pleasant accent and diction, an excellent positive vibe. I appreciate the concise format.
thanks. trying to replace video games.
Hi Charlie…. you are pretty
The two that come to mind that I have that are single player are Cartographers and Ex Novo. Both are Roll and Write type games but essentially you are creating maps of either the land or a town. The only reason why I play them solo is because I do not have anyone in my gaming group that likes drawing. This War of Mine is in my collection, still wrapped, and have yet to pull it out to read the rules and play as of yet. Silly how life is busy for me when I want to game.
I really enjoy Mage Knight!!
I would add to this list:
– Space Hulk: Death Angel The card game
– Nemo's war ( second edition )
– Gaia Project
I never played Spirit Island but I see it everywhere in top solo games. I have to try it !!
I've been playing Runebound 2nd edition solo. It's antiquated and grindy, but fun with the fan made doom track and town adventure mod. Just started LOTR LCG, which I'm loving. I plan on getting Star Trek Frontiers soon. It's just Mage Knight with Star Trek trappings, but I like that theme better. Nice list, by the way.
Thank you for talking at a normal speed. I didn't have to speed it up at all. Also, try Marvel Champions in Solo mode. You can also play it with friends.
Warp's Edge, Nemo's War
At long last…..a person who can be understood!
Thanks from the UK.
This just shows how lonely I am :,)
1: Marvel Champions :The Card Game
2: One Deck Dungeon
Scythe is really fun solo, it takes some time to understand the Automa (mainly how to calculate the neighborhoods) but then it's fairly simply and challenging.
Nice girl. Good presenter.
No kdm here? Definetly better solo experience than mage knights or scythe
Scythe is one of my favorite solo games. Their Automa isn't too fussy to handle and still leaves a lot of space for fun and strategy.
Completely agree about Arkham Horror LCG. I LOVE every moment of playing that game. I do enjoy it solo, but I've also had a blast with 2 players, and a great time even with 4. Lost Expedition hits my solo table almost as much as AHLCG. It's short, I fail a lot, and it's a thinker. And for light but good solo fun, I like Horrified. The downloadable official rules for Abomination: Heir of Frankenstein are really great, too. I love the decision when cornered by a cop to either try to evade them, pay the fee, or off them for the body parts!
Marvel Champions is a brilliant solo game
Try Nemesis, AVP…yur trying to get out Screaming!!! Its an Alien like 1st movie genre of the same movie, only the title name is Nemesis(Aliens)… Lol, enjoy!!!👍😎